Saturday, November 28, 2009

A Restful Saturday


Hello All!

I woke up this morning with not a plan for the day. It was fabulous! A very lazy morning today; reading some blogs, doing some recipe searching and then deciding to go to the grocery store. I made my list.

I did not shower yesterday; I know, ewww! I took a nice hot shower and then had to decide what to wear on this day. I wanted to be really casual. I put on my bra and panties. A cute matching set! No pictures of course!

I then put on the shirt that I wanted to wear, and grabbed a pair of comfy khakis.

Uh Oh. VPL. You know, visible panty lines! Time for a change of pants! Back into the closet, I grabbed a pair of corduroys. That resulted in a whole different problem, the newly coined VMT. Visible Muffin Top! Chaos ensued. A change of pants to these jeans, that you all told me I had to get hemmed. Oh, well, they will forgive me I thought. A black tank top, a cardigan- yuck. Then I saw the purple peeking out. Ah, perfect. Comfort, casual, and yes darn it I will have to wear a boot with a heel to get away with the pants. Oh well.

The top buried beneath my green pea coat is a purple sweatshirt that I got from JCrew in the fall of 2008. It has long sleeves, and a nice soft cotton sweatshirt material. I have another one just like it in grey.

As I said, you have seen the jeans before; they are a pair of Joe Jeans that has a higher waist band. I guess I was feeling too muffin toppy today!

The boots, the coat. Done and ready for the store.

I am one of those insane people that LOVES putzing at the grocery store. I get a coffee and take my time, walking the perimeter, and then heading into the aisles for only what is on my list. Ben and I grabbed one of those smaller carts as this was to be a relatively light week. By the time I was done, Ben looked like the Grinch trying to balance all of the stolen gifts on his sleigh! You know the scene...

It was the good deal on paper towels, I swear! Okay, a few too many bags of chocolate chips, but you never know when you are going to need some!

On the way home, I reminded the art director that we needed pictures for today. He pulled the car over and selected this spot. These were fun pics for me!

After we got home, we grabbed lunch and headed out for a 16 mile bike ride. Oh, if we only had a picture of that outfit! Bike shorts, long pants over the bike shorts, a long underwear shirt, a long sleeved tshirt over that, and then a hooded sweatshirt on that. I had a knit cap that covers my neck and ears - kind of like the kind a masked bank robber wears, without the ring around the eyes. It was 44 degrees, but sunny, so we had to take advantage of it!

As soon as we got home, I started cooking!

Here is what I made today. I am very proud of myself! I made homemade gnocchi!
It was delicious! For the recipe, click here. Easy, a little labor intensive, but so worth it!
I dressed them with a sauce I made from butter, spinach and sausage. With a little bit of the pasta water and some heavy cream. Good comfort food! I am so glad I burned off 600 calories on the ride!

I also made my very first sweet potato pie. Please. Click here. It is a recipe from Joy the Baker. I am not ashamed to admit I have a girl crush on Joy. I love her site! Make the pie. You will love it! I made the crust too. So delicious! Ben and I shared a piece, after being so full from dinner! There is plenty left, if you want to come over for some!

I also made up a batch of my favorite chocolate chip cookies. See, I needed the chips! I took a tip from Joy. After making the cookie dough, scoop out the cookies just like you would if you were to bake them, but line them up on the cookie sheet and freeze them. Once frozen, you can bag them and have ready to pop in the oven cookie dough! Brilliant! I, of course, had to bake some too!

So, that was my restful Saturday. I hope your day was great!

Thanks for checking in!

xo

Kel

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad to now know the appropriate ACRONYM for VPL :) As always, stylish AND a wealth of information!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always have VPL...but I'm working on it. This is cute too...man, I am such a slub - you would gasp at my wardrobe Kel...one of these days I'm going to take some photos just for you.

    ReplyDelete