Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Details, Details, Details...


My Art Director, Ben, took his feedback quite well, did he not? Today's pictures were all about capturing the details of what I am wearing. He did a great job, don't you think?

I was up very late last night babysitting, so I slept in a little late today. We all know what that means my friends, don't we? No time to shave the legs! I have few pants; most of the ones I have are part of a suit. My former job called for suits every day. I think that is what I enjoy now about the choices I have. You will (have to) see a suit or two over the next 11 months; I won't meet my challenge otherwise! When I do choose pants now, I like pairing them with a blazer or cardigan. I got this pair of pants from Express about two years ago. I do not have a ton of success at Express. Their clothes are rather "junior-esque" in the fit. I got lucky with these pants. They are not so low rise that they are unwearable and they have enough room in the hips. I like that they are wide legged, but not overly exaggerated as was the trend a couple of years back.

The jacket was a purchase from Marshalls last year. I told you I did quite a bit of damage there! I loved that this jacket had a unique shape to it. You will have to let me know what you think! The fabric has a slight sheen to it. I love the 3/4 length sleeves and the neckline.

Ben was kind enough to capture some of the other details in today's ensemble! The belt is from Silpada. I was not wearing it crooked on purpose! When Ben sent me the pics today to look at, I just laughed. It was crooked for half the day. Who knows? Maybe someone will interpret this as a trend? Ha! I doubt it! I loved this belt so much, I bought a brown one too. I have matching earrings to this belt as well. I decided to go a little fancier today; a tiny dangle of silver and diamonds at my ear was all the sparkle I needed. I did not want a necklace that would interfere with the neckline of the jacket.

The shoes? The shoes. The shoes! Sing along with me! "Five naughty monkeys..."
Yes, more Naughty Monkeys! And yet another pair that I purchased at Heartbreakers. These are another MaryJane style. (I really have a MaryJane problem, don't I?) The strap by the ankle that you can't see is brown. It is interesting that when you come downstairs intending to wear a completely different shoe (I was headed for the red) and another pair catches your eye. Those little Monkeys do it to me all the time!

I hope you all had a great -what is today? Oh yes, hope you all had a great Tuesday. I am headed for an early bedtime!

Make sure to leave a comment or vote below. Yes, I will remember the vote today!

Thanks for checking in!

xo,

Kel


8 comments:

  1. K, I LOVED the crooked belt and thought it must have been on purpose. :) FAB. U. LOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yes, YES! I love it all. Everything you said and more. I also like the belt a little right of center. Trends start with the setter after all. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT! All of it. Keep everything and when your year is up, buy some more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a huge fan of this outfit; very Jackie O of you (one of the highest compliments I can give!)

    The jacket totally works...usually I stray away from these because I feel like they take away from a feminine shape by making people look boxy. Well, not this one! Fab, just fab.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought the belt was over there on purpose--it looks soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl, I am loving this outfit. This is so cute on you. Go Kel!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this outfit. And, I thought the belt was off-center on purpose -- it works!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this outfit as well. Super cute!!

    ReplyDelete