Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Green with Envy






I stood in the closet a while this morning. I started going through the dresses. I started on the left. You know the move...look at the dress...nah...next...slide...slide...slide...oh, maybe this one? Nope, too fallish. I will be in those clothes soon enough! Slide...slide...slide- huh, how about this one? It has been a while since I have worn it...

By this point, I am running behind schedule; I don't keep a very tight schedule mind you, but am behind doing what I think I need to be doing. The dress goes on, it zips, I need to be happy with that. I am not feeling empowered, however...You know what I mean, don't you? You put that one piece on, and you do not even have to look in the mirror. You know it is THE one.

I wonder how many purchases I made because I thought that dress, shirt, skirt or sweater was THE ONE. This one I am not so sure about. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this one. 2 poses for your viewing and voting pleasure.

Leave the shoes alone. I love these babies. They are not going anywhere! Ben and I found these on a Friday date night as we walked through Macy's. The man is better at picking out shoes than I will ever be! These were 50% off, take another 10%, etc. You know the drill. The shoes you cannot leave the store without. Comfy too!

The envy? Ah, that comes from the people I saw shopping at Target today...here they are - my first two shots of "the ones that got away".

Ben had to work late; when this happens, I tend to putz on my way to the car. I do not really like coming home to an empty house, so I keep myself busy. I decided to walk through Target for no reason other than, apparently, to torture myself.

This first pic is a Marilyn Monroe Tshirt. I love these graphic t-shirts from Target for working out. Why be boring? Marilyn was a mere $12.99. A month ago she would have been mine and out with me on a run.

The next one? I found it to be, well, JCrewish, for lack of a better description. It was adorable. Had it been at J.Crew it would have been considerably more expensive. This one was $14.99. How adorable it would have been with a grey pencil skirt and a pair of low black kitten heels. Very Audrey. We love Audrey. Sigh...










14 comments:

  1. Hmmm. I'm glad you say the shoes are staying, because if I had to chose one or the other, I'd say the dress has to go. The dress is not worthy of the shoes and therefore you have my vote. Sorry if you are attached to the dress! Although, I will say you can make anything look good Kel. Really, I think modeling might be calling you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie - I love it! Not shoe-worthy! That might be my new metric to determine if something stays or goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the dress but I don't see it as very Kel-ish. It doesn't measure up to your pizazz. But those shoes are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm...Kel, I am not a shoe person (in the sense that it's all about comfort for me and I just can't walk in heels) and I have no fashion sense at ALL! I am going to post something just for you...as soon as I get my camera fixed and have the time. HOWEVER...I will give you my thoughts. The dress looks great on you in the standing pose, but in the sitting pose you don't look like you are feeling it. So, with that in mind (I do get the part about feeling empowered by an outfit!) I say it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got to say i love the shoes and the dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It fits you beautifully! It's a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you should keep the dress - it's beautiful! So far I've voted for you to keep everything - some help I am ;-)

    On another note, it's sure fun to see all you NM folks here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree w/ CarrieRedHead: the shoes outshine the dress. The shoes say "grand piano" and the dress (cute as it is) says "keyboard." I'm a huge Audrey Hepburn fan too. In fact, I have Target's large frameless pic of her in my loft. Know which one I'm talking about?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know that pic Countess. I shouldn't know about it, I can't know about it - I will want it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. But, it's just clothes you can't buy, right? ;>D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kel, I love the dress and I love the shoes but maybe not together. The dress looks very cute on you but I think the shoes are a bit too chic for the dress. I think they are both keepers. Sorry, I am not being very much help so far i have voted everything as a "KEEPS".

    BTW: I love the Target t-shirts and I love Target too. CONGRATS!!! For not buying.

    How do you feel about photographing and not buying???

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great question Maria...I feel a little guilty taking the pics! I keep waiting for someone to ask what is it I am doing?

    I know if I had purchased the tshirts they would have ended up in the bottom of the pile, forgotten eventually. I am discovering - restraint.
    I have yet to really have that - I need it - feeling yet. We will see then how it goes just taking the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this dress, you look hot!

    ReplyDelete