Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Some Clothes Just Make Me Happy!

This dress is one of those happy dresses!

I purchased this dress in May, 2008. I can be relatively accurate with the date, as I know I bought it on a long weekend to Las Vegas. I bought it after a nice long walk down the Vegas strip. I was in a great mood that day; I believe it carried all the way through to the purchase of the dress and the reason for the purchase.

Let's get the outfit details out of the way so I can tell you the real reason it makes me happy! It is from Cache. (Actually, it was a sister store to Cache, but I can't remember the name of the store, and honestly, I am too lazy to go upstairs and look at the tag!) I tried on several dresses that day, and this one was The Dress to bring home from my trip. It is a slinky material that feels great against the skin. The shoes are Steve Madden pumps. I have had them for over 2 years, and I am sad, because they are showing wear and tear. I can't replace them for quite some time!

The earrings are from QVC, and they are designed by Robert Lee Morris. I love the RLM pieces I own. The quality is excellent! I would love to go to his store in New York City. Sometime next year I just might have to do that!

Now to the story! I started dating my Ben shortly before that trip to Las Vegas. We had only been dating less than two weeks at that point. I could not stop thinking about him! It was the early point in a relationship where you don't want to call too much because you don't want to appear to be a stalker; I was literally looking at the time to space out my calls! There were so many text messages sent back and forth those 4 days! I knew that there was something special about this man; he seemed happy when I did call, and when I didn't call, he called me. I know I irritated the hell out of my friends...Ben said this, Ben said that...blah blah blah. I just remember being so happy at this man being in my life. I went shopping with the specific reason of finding a dress to wear when I saw him upon my return to Minneapolis and work. This was THAT dress.

Now you know why it makes me so happy!

Ben has only continued to fulfill those dreams I had that weekend. This was THAT dress that was purchased for THAT guy.

There will be no vote on this one. Sorry Karyn! You can tell me it makes me look fat, you can tell me that it washes me out, you can tell me that I can do better, but it won't matter. It makes me happy!

Thanks for checking in!

xo

Kel

9 comments:

  1. I love the practicality of this outfit. This is something that could be worn to work or even out to a nice dinner. It would me make happy too.

    If you ever happen to be in Seattle (or I happen to be in St. Paul, I have lots of family there) I would love to go shopping with you! Have you ever seen the show "What Not To Wear?" I always tell my husband that I would be the perfect candidate for that show b/c my wardrobe is SO outdated (like I'm still wearing clothes from high school). It's not that I can't afford clothes, I just don't have an eye for fashion like you do. Unless it's running clothes, but those only serve one purpose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No vote needed as it A) doesn't even come close to making you look fat...in fact, the cut and pattern are extremely flattering (as if you needed more slimming, ha!). B) B&W is fabulous with your dark hair and complexion and C) The only way I can see you doing better is if you paired it with red pumps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MelissaEileen: I love that show!! If either situation ever worked out I would love to help you! You DO have a style. Look at those Vegas pics! Sassy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how fabulous that would be! My Vegas outfits are probably (honestly) the only two outfits that I own that are stylish. Everything else is old Nirvana t-shirts and jeans that have been worn so many times that they no longer fit right.
    When I go into a store, I am overwhelmed by the options, so I never quite know what to choose and even worse, I'm horrible putting an entire outfit together. My husband gives me a hard time about it because, apparently, I am the only 20-something women with no sense of fashion. But it's in there somewhere, I know it!
    I love your posts! They a true inspiration for us not-so-fashion-inclined people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I met VernaF (from NM) last week. She can vouch for the Nirvana shirt and old jeans. She seen it first hand! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kel, this one's definitely a keeper. Anything that makes you feel that happy deserves a spot in your closet. AND you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kel you can tell me not to vote, but you are not the boss of me, you are only the boss of your blog. HA! Besides, I vote that this is a fantastic dress, and looks wonderful on you, and I think red shoes would be awesome with it too. I love the way this dress makes you happy; like hearing a song that reminds you of someone, or smelling a scent that reminds you of someone. I would never ever vote out something that powerful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the dress! :o) Glad you are keeping it. Anything that sentimental should stay! You also look great in it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the story about the dress...The story behind the dress makes it priceless.

    Mommyof2boys :)

    ReplyDelete